2020 Scout Sunday at First Baptist Church
On Sunday, February 9, the families of Pack 236 will join us in worship to celebrate Scouting’s 110th anniversary. The Scouts will provide refreshments for the congregation prior to the worship service as a small token of thanks for First Baptist’s continued support.
Scouts from all around the world learn and follow the Scout Oath. The (3) parts of the Oath are rooted in the Bible, as indicated below:
The Scout Oath
On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my country…
- Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord the people whom he has chosen as his heritance. (Psalm 33:12)
- Let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)
To help other people at other times…
- Remember also the Golden Text: And as you wish that men would do to you, do so to them. (Luke 6:31)
- Do you know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and that temple you are. (I Corinthians 3:16-17)
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
- Wisdom is the principal thing: Do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth. Get wisdom; get insight. (Proverbs 4:5)
- How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to thy word. (Psalm 119:9)
- Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. (Isaiah 55:7)